Building Renovation & Expansion

Pitt Public Health: building for a healthier world!

A new laboratory facility and extensive upgrades to classroom and administrative spaces help Pitt Public Health recruit and retain the best faculty and students, solidifying our global leadership in public health research, education, and practice.

Built in 1957, the Public Health building needed a complete infrastructure overhaul: Mechanical, electrical, plumbing, heating, cooling, and ventilation systems were brought up to modern standards. At the same time the building interiors were reimagined to provide needed collaborative educational and meeting spaces for faculty, staff, and students.

Maximize Existing Funding and Capital Campaign

Maximize Construction of four-story laboratory pavilion (Phase 1)

Maximize Renovation of the Public Health Building (Phase 2)

View photo the Phase 1 ribbon-cutting ceremony.

Pitt Public Health exterior with new lab pavilion