Use this checklist to keep track of required and optional items as they are completed.
2. Register for Orientation. (not currently available)
4. Secure housing. Pitt’s Off-campus living
offers information on locating an apartment, finding a roommate, or obtaining information on local neighborhoods.
8. Register for classes
by setting up an appointment with your advisor or the person named in your admission letter. Non-degree students register in the Office of Student Affairs, G009 Public Health
9. You can submit your photo for your Panther Card
online. Once you are registered, IDs will be available after August 1.
12. Regularly check your University e-mail account
for tuition invoices and important school messages. You may want to forward mail from your Pitt account to one you use more regularly.
13. Open your bank account at one of the multiple banks
within walking distance of Pitt Public Health, e.g. PNC or Citizens Bank.
14. Take a break and have some fun!
Explore Schenley Park, a green oasis right here in Oakland, or familiarize yourself with a variety of cultural events, sports, and other activities.
15. Complete the required Academic Integrity Module by September 1. (not currently available)
16. Complete the Title IX training. An email will be sent to you in August with directions.
17. Review the computing modules before the start of the term. (not currently available)
18. Explore the parts of our website
you may not have visited yet. You'll be using it a lot while you’re here!