The 15-credit certificate comprises 10 credits of required courses, 5 credits of approved electives and an applied experience with a health equity component.
- BCHS 2524 Overview of Health Equity
- PUBHLT 2501 Health Equity Research: Methods and Interventions*
- BCHS 2554 Introduction to Community Health**
- PUBHLT 2500 Integrative Seminar in Health Equity
* Students enrolled in the certificate are encouraged to substitute a methods course in their own discipline to satisfy this required course.
** Or an approved subsitute course
Created to complement students’ primary graduate degree curriculum at Pitt Public Health, the Graduate Certificate in Health Equity is also open to Pitt graduate students in other fields (medicine, nursing, social work, public policy, etc.), and to others interested in health equity. Applicants must submit a statement explaining how they would apply the experience gained in the certificate to their career and to the field of health equity. Applications are reviewed by the certificate program admissions committee.
How to Apply...
This program is managed by the Department of Behavioral and Community Health Sciences and the Center for Health Equity.
Back to top