Current projects involving the MCH Equity Scholars address a range of topics:
- COVID-19 and stressors during pregnancy
- Educational initiatives for the MCH workforce
- Parent-child relationships and parenting behavior
- Doula programs in prison settings
- Postpartum anxiety
- Racial inequities among Medicaid beneficiaries
- Structural and institutional racism as determinants of health inequities
- Legislation and interventions on racism as a public health crisis
- Maternal and infant health legislation
How to get involved
The MCH Equity Scholars meet monthly. Meetings are an open forum that is scholar led and without a set agenda in which we typically introduce and welcome new members, discuss scholar-led current or proposed work for feedback or insight from the group, discuss career and professional trajectory and opportunities, and learn about Dr. Mendez’s ongoing projects and opportunities for collaboration. A new feature includes “Lessons from the Field” where local community partners share insight on their career paths, emerging initiatives and opportunities for collaboration.
Our next meeting is Monday, November 2 from 3:30 to 5 p.m. via Zoom.
If you are interested in being added to our email list so you can receive information about future MCES meetings, as well as other related professional and educational resources, complete our intake form.
If you have questions about the MCH Equity Scholars, feel free to email the group coordinator, Sarah A. Sanders, (BCHS doctoral student) for more information.
Learn more about our scholars