Professional Development Workshops
Professional Development Workshop
Friday 1/20 1:00PM - 3:00PM
Barbara L. Folb, Public Health Informationist, Health Sciences Library System
This class will get you up and running with EndNote, and ready to start using it in conjunction with Microsoft Word to add citations and references to your papers.
Content of the class includes:
• Set up and customization of EndNote
• Creating and managing EndNote libraries
• Importing references from databases like PubMed and Google Scholar
• Creating references from scratch for information sources such as websites
• Using EndNote Groups to organize your references
• Simple searching inside EndNote
• Finding full text articles from inside EndNote
• Using EndNote to add citations to your paper
This is a hands-on class. You must bring a laptop with EndNote installed on it to participate, or let us know that you will need a laptop by Wednesday, January 18th and one will be provided at the session.
To install EndNote, access the Software Download Service at my.pitt.edu/portal/server.pt/community/software_downloads/872.
• Click on “Software Download Service Login” in the upper right corner
• To see the EndNote options, use the Choose Vendor drop down menu and choose Thompson Reuters.
• You will need to have KeyAccess software installed before you download EndNote. Instructions are on the EndNote download page.
Please download the following class materials to your computer from the website www.hsls.pitt.edu/howdoi/endnote-class-materials:
• The EndNote library introduced in Lesson 2
• The Word Document used in Lesson 5
Workshop open to all! | Part of the Pitt Public Health Professional Development Series
Last Updated On Thursday, October 27, 2016 by McCullough, Caitlin Emily
Created On Thursday, September 22, 2016