Professional Development Workshops
Professional Development Workshop
Barbara L. Folb, Public Health Informationist, Health Sciences Library System
This class builds on the skills taught in EndNote Basics. We will cover the topics listed below. In addition, you may submit questions to the instructor in advance of class to be addressed during the session.
Advanced EndNote Topics:
• Moving records between EndNote databases
• Thorough removal of duplicate records
• Searching databases on the Internet from inside EndNote
• Updating and modifying Import filters and Export styles
• Creating new OutPut Styles
• Accessing and using Output Style options
• Sharing EndNote databases
• Merging Word documents that include EndNote citations
• Formatting articles for submission to publishers
• Optional: EndNote as a tool for systematic reviews
This is a hands-on class. You must bring a laptop with EndNote installed on it to participate, or let us know that you will need a laptop by Wednesday, October 12 and one will be provided at the session.
To install EndNote, access the Software Download Service at my.pitt.edu/portal/server.pt/community/software_downloads/872.
• Click on “Software Download Service Login” in the upper right corner
• To see the EndNote options, use the Choose Vendor drop down menu and choose Thompson Reuters.
• You will need to have KeyAccess software installed before you download EndNote. Instructions are on the EndNote download page.
Please download the following class materials to your computer from the website www.hsls.pitt.edu/howdoi/endnote-class-materials:
• The EndNote library introduced in Lesson 2
• The Word Document used in Lesson 5
Workshop open to all! | Part of the Pitt Public Health Professional Development Series
Last Updated On Monday, October 03, 2016 by McCullough, Caitlin Emily
Created On Thursday, September 22, 2016