OUR VISION, MISSION AND CORE VALUES
Our graduates will be leaders at the center of health care in a future where every health decision will be influenced by genomic information.
We deliver boundary-spanning education for future genetic counseling professionals in genomics, public health, business and policy and through immersion in diverse health care and research settings.
The University of Pittsburgh Genetic Counseling Program’s core values are...
- Speak with Integrity and Compassion: We are committed to honesty, transparency and respect in every interaction.
- Commit Everyday: We take personal responsibility to achieve excellence in everything we do.
- Reach Out: We embrace collaboration and partnership to enhance professional possibilities.
- Embrace the Unknown: We believe that curiosity leads to lifelong learning.
- Be Bold: We are inspired by innovation and change.
PROGRAM Quick facts:
- Established in 1971, as the 2nd oldest genetic counseling program, with 50 years of experience in training successful genetic counseling professionals
- Accredited by the Accreditation Council of Genetic Counseling, with most recent reaccreditation received in 2019
- Accepts 12 students each year
- Opportunity to customize your education (e.g., a dual degree with both an MS in Genetic Counseling and an MPH in public health genetics)
- Strong board certification pass rate:
- 3-year average first time pass rate of 87% (2018-2020)
- 3-year overall pass rate of 100% (2018-2020)
- Student retention rate of 97% in the past 3 years (2018-2020)
- Job placement rate of 100% in recent graduates (2018-2020)
Please visit our “Why Choose Pitt” for more information