The Green Award was established to support special student projects that would not otherwise be implemented due to financial restrictions, and it is available annually to eligible students through a competitive application process.
Any degree-seeking student enrolled in Pitt Public Health is eligible to apply.
Students interested in applying must submit an application with all of the following materials:
- An application form (enclosed below);
- A brief project proposal describing their project request (between two and four pages, see directions below); and
- A letter of support from a member of faculty involved in the project the student is proposing.
The project proposal should be no longer than four typed pages, 12-point font, double-spaced. It should include the following sections:
- Background (how does the student’s project address an important public health problem);
- Project goals and objectives (what will the project do to address this problem);
- Budget justification (how will awarded funds be used); and
- Professional goals (how does this project help the student’s professional development and goals).
The application deadline for Fall is December 6. The deadline for Spring is March 15. The application will be available at pitt.scholarshipuniverse.com several weeks before each deadline.
Award winners will be notified by letter.
A panel composed of the Pitt Public Health associate dean for student affairs (or designee), a Pitt Public Health faculty member assigned by the dean, and a representative of the Green family or The Glory Foundation will review the nominations and make the decision. Awards will be made based upon the applicant’s proposal, the appropriateness of the project, and the faculty letter of support.
Within six months of receiving the award, recipients must submit a two-page summary of their progress and expenses to the Pitt Public Health assistant dean of student affairs, which will be forwarded to the Green family and/or The Glory Foundation. The summary must be submitted before graduation to firstname.lastname@example.org.