BIOST's Abdus S. Wahed has been selected to be a member of the Committee of Presidents of Statistical Societies (COPSS) award committee for academic years 2019-22 to represent the International Biometric Society Eastern North American Region (ENAR). COPSS brings the leadership of five distinguished statistical societies to work on shared problems and improve intersociety communication.
The societies are:
- The American Statistical Association (ASA)
- The Statistical Society of Canada (SSC)
- The Institute of Mathematical Statistics (IMS)
- The Eastern North American Region of the International Biometric Society (ENAR)
- The Western North American Region of the International Biometric Society (WNAR)
The COPSS Awards Committee helps to ensure that the process of determining COPSS awards is carried out effectively and fairly, making recommendations concerning criteria by which COPSS should consider offering a new award, considering specific requests for a new award in an individual's name that may come to the committee, and periodically evaluating current COPSS awards to assess whether the frequency and/or award honorarium should be changed.
Department of Biostatistics at ENAR...
More Biostatistics faculty news...