A215 Crabtree Hall
Questions/Comments: Please contact Candy Kammerer (email@example.com)
Megan Eshbach - tba
The Human Genetics Journal Club meets weekly on Fridays, from 4-5pm in A215 Crabtree Hall. Journal club starts promptly at 4:00, and discussion is cut off at 5:00 (or moved to a more appropriate after-5:00 venue). Students who are taking journal club for credit should see Courseweb for a full syllabus and assignments.
SCHEDULE EXCEPTIONS - SPRING 2016
March 4 - No Journal Club - Friday before Spring Break
March 11 - No Journal Club - Spring Break
April 15 - Only for students in the courseCVs & IBDs
Journal Club "Rules and Regulations"
- The goal of journal club is to provide an informal venue for scientific interaction in the Department of Human Genetics.
- Students are advised to get advice from a faculty member when choosing a paper to present. The ideal journal club article is something that is of both scientific importance and general interest.
- Let the faculty facilitator (Candy Kammerer) know what your choice is 2 weeks before your presentation so that the link can be posted on the web site.
- IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL OR RESCHEDULE a presentation, it is YOUR responsibility to find a substitute.
- Please let the faculty facilitator know if you need a laptop or other media needs.
- Presentations should begin with an introduction to the general topic area and what is interesting or important about the work being presented. Try to explain key concepts and definitions. Do not assume everyone in the audience is an expert or that everyone in the audience has read the paper.