Handshake is an online job board and career management system that provides access to job, internship, fellowship, and postdoctoral opportunities from local, national, and international employers. Handshake replaced Pitt Bridges beginning on July 1, 2020.
All current students and alumni who graduated in 2017 or later already have an account in Handshake. Log in at pitt.joinhandshake.com using your Pitt username and password. Please do not create a new account. Alumni who graduated in 2016 or earlier can contact Career Services to sign up for an account.
Starting August 1, 2020, the University-wide system will contain a Pitt Public Health "career hub" with workshops, events, and resources specific to public health graduate students. Until then, students have full access to the job board on Handshake.
Use Handshake to:
- Make a one-on-one appointment with a Pitt Public Health career counselor
- Search and apply for job, internship, fellowship, and postdoctoral opportunities from local, national, and international employers
- Explore and discover organizations that are actively hiring
- Access career-related workshops and events offered by Pitt Public Health, as well as University-wide events
- Find relevant career articles and resources
Any questions or concerns can be directed to Joan Anson, Director of Career Services (firstname.lastname@example.org), or Kim Abraham, Career Services Specialist (email@example.com).