The public health leader-in-residence enhances MPH students’ contact with and knowledge about the world of practice.
- One-two career development group meetings (e.g. with mock interviews) with students
- One-two lunch and learn lectures by the PHLIR regarding leadership, professional development and public health practice
- Individual career counseling meetings as requested
- The PHLIR is an ex officio member of the National Advisory Committee (NAC) and will participate in the NAC annual meeting
- Meetings with the faculty and the PHLIR will be scheduled in order to bring the curriculum and research closer to the needs of the practice world