The opening of the new laboratory pavilion marks a significant step in meeting the ongoing challenge of providing the best possible learning environment for Pitt Public Health students, faculty, and staff. Contributions from the University and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania cover 80% of basic renovations. Additional investments are needed not only to cover the remaining project costs but also to enhance the new spaces to truly improve life in our community and increase opportunities for impromptu interactions among students, faculty, and staff spanning all seven departments. Enhancements envisioned include...
- Expanded first-floor student lounge and community commons
- First-floor coffee shop, tentatively dubbed "Stan’s Coffee Bar" in honor of the Stan’s Bar that once stood in the location of Public Health.
WHY YOUR SUPPORT MATTERS
Every member of the faculty is important to the success of Pitt Public Health. As a community, we work together daily to make possible the dreams of our students. By donating, you will demonstrate even further your belief in the School’s mission and your commitment to securing our future as a global leader in public health research, education, and practice.
No gift is too small. By working together, we not only show unifted support, but also multiple gifts add up.
Here's an idea of how your gift can add something nice:
- $250 = student seating for two in the new commons area
- $600 = two tables for the communal meeting space in the new lobby
- $1,200 = lounge seating for 12 at Stan’s Coffee Bar
DOUBLE YOUR IMPACT
With the Elizabeth L. Surma (GSPH ’81) John P. Surma matching gift program, the value of all campaign gifts is doubled up to $1 million.